I was reading up on developments of the exam and much to my surprise, the AICPA has updated the list of references that are used with in the Content-Specific-Outline (CSO)used effective Q3 2011!!* Here’s the breakdown:
- International Auditing Standards (ISAs)
- International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- COBIT (The Control Objectives for Information and related Technology)
- Reglulation S-K of the Code of Federal Regulations
- Codification of Statements on Auditing Standards - AU Section 623, Special Report
- FASB Concept Statements
- GASB Concept Statements
- IFRS Framework
- Public Law 86-272 (Exeption from Income Tax for Interstate Commerce regarding Solicitation of orders for sales of Tangible Pesonal Property)
- Uniform Division of Income Tax Purposes Act (UDITPA)
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010
As developments are made, I’ll keep you posted.
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend, friends!
AICPA Announcement made here.
*June 3, 2011 Update: Like all good authors, you need to check, double-check and triple-check your facts and this time I must admit when I was incorrect. After speaking with the AICPA directly, I must clarify that the exam is NOT adding additonal content to the CPA exam, they are only updating the list of references that are used with in the Content-Specific-Outline (CSO) which includes some clarification to existing references, and the removal/update of obsolete references.